Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June Already!

I am very happy these days as I am training for my new job. It is amazing how a change of employment can really make work exciting again. I am still feeling happy that I was picked to be "the one". I wonder where this job will lead? It is the beginning of something new.. something I can really plunge into and explore. What is this job? Well ,for now it is a secret so I will have to write about it at another time.

Also, Mum is here visiting. It is nice to have her around as she always gives an interesting perspective to things. Maybe I just like having another female in the house. Yesterday she declared that she could not possibly spend another day in this house. I guess she is feeling a little cabin fever from being holed up here for the last few days. We planned a nice outing to cheer her up. The boys and my DH met me at Islands near the job. We had a delicious lunch together. I went back to work and they headed to Target. Who doesn't love Target? The day before, when I was at Target, I picked up the cutest patio lights. I had visions of stringing them on the fence in the backyard to give it a more romantic look. I bought 75 feet of lights only to find out that I actually need 175 feet. Opps! I think I was a little off on the calculations. I really want the yard to look great so we can enjoy it as this may be our last summer here. Now all we need, besides the extra lights, is a gas heater which we will pick up when they are on sale at Costco this month....we have a coupon. Yippee!

This has to be the busiest week of the year! Not just this year but every year. Tuesday was the PTSO meeting, Wednesday the nail appointment, Thursday is the awards ceremony at the high school and Friday the High school LAX banquet..! The weekend does not look any quieter. We have dinner at Lisa's on Saturday night and the middle school LAX close of season party on Sunday. It is good to be busy. I just hope we can squeeze a bike ride in somewhere.

I was saddened to hear the news today that Sen. Hillary Clinton will officially suspend her campaign for the presidency on Saturday and "express her support for Senator Obama. I really wanted Clinton to win. I feel that she would have former President Bill Clinton there to guide her along so it would be like getting 2 for 1. After all she has already been in the White house so to speak. It's not that I have anything against Obama, it's just that I think Clinton is a stronger candidate....darn I wish I could vote!

In closing I am reflecting on the boys. I can hardly believe that one will be a senior and the other a freshman. Where has the time gone? How will I feel next year at this time when my senior will be graduating? The thought of it makes me sad....very sad. I must do everything I can to make this last year of school a good one for him and the first year of high school a good one for my little boy.

No comments: